Friday, September 30, 2011

Gloria's Baby Shower!

Way back on July 10th, I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Katie and her first baby, Gloria.  I know - that was a long time ago.  Better late than never, right?

As soon as Katie told me she was pregnant, I began mentally planning her shower.  I was so excited to do this for her.  I had the basic framework of the shower planned but couldn't really go all out until Gloria was born and we found out that it was a girl!  

I had big plans for this shower, and most of them came to fruition, but the first trimester of my pregnancy got to me, so I didn't finish everything that I had envisioned but I still think it all turned out great.

I wanted to make/have things for the shower that Katie could take home as a reminder of the shower, and to use in Gloria's nursery.

I enlisted the help of a super talented scrapbooker that I work with, the uber-fantastic Hayley to create this:


It turned out way better than the version that I created in my mind.  It created such a wonderful centrepiece for the room.

And even better is that Katie was able to use this for Gloria's nursery.  Fantastic.


I bought the birth announcement off an Etsy shop called Tilly Claire's.  I absolutely loved it, and was excited that it was another item for Katie to take home after the shower.

Here are some more pictures:



Terrible lighting on this picture, but I wanted to show you that I made a cake! With pink icing! And put it on a table next to three different kinds of Jelly Belly's!  Yum.


And look at three quarters of the room.  I had to try to squeeze around 30 people in a room that was not big enough for 30.  We all made it work though.  Too bad I forgot to take pictures when there were people in the chairs... :( 


That 'G' in the bottom right corner? I did that.  Well, I bought a cardboard letter, and then painted it, and mod-podged fabric scraps on the top.  Another decorative touch that Katie got to take home.

The loot!



The beautiful momma lounging in the midst of all Gloria's new stuff!

And now for my favorite part - the quilt and baby photo!




Little Gloria is such a gift to our family and I was blessed to be able to throw this shower for Katie.  It was such a wonderful day that was spent with family and friends enjoying each others company and good food (a big thanks to my other sister-in-laws Linda & Nicole for helping with the food, along with my mom and mother-in-law).

I love babies.  Good thing that in 4 1/2 months I'll have my own!


6 comments:

  1. would you mind sharing the pattern for this quilt?
    or at least the dimensions of the blocks? (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree, my niece has fallen in love with your baby quilt and she is expecting in December! Is there any chance you could share the pattern, or if it is published, where I can purchase it from? I can be reached at baumankk@att.net. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to find the pattern. Do you have it and may I purchase it

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is adorable, and after much searching, I have found a link to purchase the pattern. I'm currently making it for my grandson and it's a really cute, easy pattern! Here is the link for the pdf pattern: https://shop.stitcherydickorydock.com/collections/shop-home/products/perfect-prism-quilt-pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. What charm pack did you use for quilt?

    ReplyDelete