This is our change table. I think it's pretty cute! (It's also fully stocked and ready for baby!)
Notice how it is on an angle? You can't see in this picture, but there is dead wasted space behind it.
I hate wasted space!
(There is also dead air space above the change table, but don't worry, I'm waiting for a little something to arrive in the mail from Etsy.)
'What a perfect spot for a laundry basket!' I exclaimed in my head.
I took some leftover fabric that I originally bought to make a crib sheet out with (but it was not wide enough) and decided to turned it into a laundry basket.
I measured the height that it needed to be, and then just kind of winged it from there!
After sewing two edges, and taking care of the raw edges, this is what I was left with (clearly it's inside out).
And this is the completed hamper:
I decided to use Command hooks to hold up my flimsy laundry hamper.
After 'measuring' where they needed to go, I ended up with this:
After some strategic cuts in the hamper, I had this:
It serves its purpose and looks pretty cute!
I can toss dirty clothes in there and then just grab and go! (to the laundry room)
After completing this little project I was left with this:
Well, there was more than this, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
I decided I wanted to make a pillow cover. Shazaam!
After a quick 'google', I found this tutorial and got started.
It took about 30 minutes and then I had this:
My very first ever pillow cover!
Double success for the night! Woot woot!
The tutorial was super easy to follow - thank goodness!
I see many more pillow covers in my future.