Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week 169

Photobucket

I don't know what happened to last week.  It just flew by!  I'm in my last month of work (only 14 more work days to go!) and am wishing the days away, so that could be why!

I will never stop planning my menu's though, no matter how busy things get.  It is so much harder when I don't have something planned, and can't imagine adding a new baby into that mix.  I don't think we would eat, or if we did, it would all be take out.  And that gets old after a while.

I have been planning our weekly meals for almost three and a half years.  Almost as long as I've been married.  Huge life saver.  

Here are a few of the benefits that I have experienced:
  • Reduces Stress : I used to spend a portion of my work day trying to figure out what to make for dinner that night and then have to use my lunch break to go to the grocery store and get the needed ingredients.  Such a waste of energy and time!
  • Saves Money : By planning ahead, I can check my cupboards for ingredients before going to the grocery store so I don't end up having three containers of white vinegar (yes, I've done that).  I hate buying something and then going home and finding a can in the cupboard.  Planning prevents that.  It can also allow you to plan your meals based on sale items, using store flyers (not that I do that, but I may start).
  • Saves Time : On average I only go to the grocery store once a week (early Saturday morning - way less busy!).  This saves me so much time, and gas (which also ties into the 'Saves Money' bullet).
  • It Makes My Husband Happy : He likes knowing what is for dinner for the week, and then looks forward to the meals!
Wow, after writing all that down, I would be crazy to stop menu planning (I'm not crazy, I will never stop).

If you don't menu plan already, and aren't sure how to start, head over to OrgJunkie where Laura has a ton of resources for all of our menu planning needs!  Just click on the 'Menu Planning' tab for how to get started.

She also hosts a weekly 'Menu Plan Monday' linky party where TON of other blogs link up their weekly menu's.  This is a great way to get new menu idea's.  I often scan other blogs for idea's.

Anyways, enough of me blabbing about menu planning.

This is what is on our menu this week:

Monday: Lasagna & Caesar Salad
Tuesday: Veggie & Pesto Pasta
Wednesday: Chicken Cordon Blue, Scalloped Potatoes & Steamed Veggies
Thursday: Costco Frozen Pizza

As always, I will be linking up this post with OrgJunkie.  I really encourage you to check out Laura's blog and resources.

Menu Planning has made such an impact on our lives, and I'm sure it will on yours as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment