Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recipe: Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta

I am a HUGE pasta fan.  If I could, I would eat pasta every night for dinner.

This recipe is one that I found difficult to write down as I didn't start with a recipe.  I just threw stuff in the frying pan and made changes as I went.   That being said, this portions in this recipe are more of a guideline than a strict rule.  It all depends how much garlic, broccoli and tomatoes you and your family like.

This is a go-to pasta recipe for me, the ingredients (with the exception of the broccoli) are all things I keep on hand.  It is also super quick.

Start to finish, it's on the table in about half an hour.



Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta

Ingredients:

·                 4 – 6 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
·      1 -2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
·      1 C. Sun Dried Tomatoes
·      2 Tbsp Olive Oil (use oil from Sun Dried Tomato Jar)
·      4 C. Bow-Tie Pasta
·      Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:

Turn water on to boil, and add pasta.  Cook as directed.

Heat oil and crushed garlic in a skillet until brown. 

Add broccoli florets and sundried tomatoes.  Sautee in skillet until pasta is cooked.

Add parmesan cheese to the skillet,  then add the pasta and mix it up.

Serve with more parmesan cheese !

Let me know what you think once you try it!

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment