Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Recipe: Slow Cooker Chili

Most of the recipes that are in my usual line up of meals, I unfortunately don't have links for, or I didn't find them online, therefore there aren't links for them. So I decided that I would start to post some of them so that I could link back to them in the future.  Sounds like a good idea to me!

I found this recipe online somewhere, and made a few modifications to it along the way.  My modifications are in pink.


Slow Cooker Chili

Ingredients
·      1 1/2 pounds ground beef (500g both ground beef & mild Italian sausage,  sprinkled garlic powder while cooking)
·      1 large onion, chopped
·      2 cloves garlic, minced (6 cloves)
·      1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (Regular or 25% Less Sodium)
·      1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (2 cans Western Family garlic & olive oil diced tomatoes)
·      1/2 cup water
·      2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
·      1/4 cup chili powder (less than ¼ cup)
·      2 teaspoons ground cumin
       1 tbsp basil
       1 tbsp parsley

Instructions:
Cook the beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.


Stir the beef, onion, garlic, soup, tomatoes, water, beans, chili powder and cumin in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.


The portions in pink are the changes that I made to the recipe.  I serve this chili with garlic bread, so yummy.



This recipe also freezes really well.



If you try it, let me know what you think.  I would love to hear how it turned out and if you made and changes to the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment